Saturday, May 16, 2009
End of my very first week of PA!
Haha quite happy that I don’t have to transit train coz my PA organization is at Clarke Quay hohoho!
On the first day, we reached rather early, so much so that the office is yet to open haha! Once we got in, we were told to wait for our supervisor who was not there yet. Met the other 2 NBS interns but there were 2 more interns from NTU Econ Yr3. Didn’t expect it to have so many interns with limited space and the existing staff size haha! I was told to be in audit dept with the other intern from B&F. Our supervisor is rather friendly & approachable!! I thought I would be reading the files for the entire of my first day but after awhile later, my supervisor came to tell me to go client’s place later with one of the auditors. So I left office at around 9.20a.m. to client’s place via cab and was so delighted to know that it is at Boon Keng! Even nearer to my house lol! Quite apprehensive actually coz I still don’t know the mentors (got 2 auditors, one of them is auditing company A which is related to company B which I’m to audit) well. Upon settling down at client’s place, I was given work to do which is good! Ohh they actually listen to music when auditing!! *THUMB UP* And guess what, these 2 mentors (Renee & Joey) are Cantonese haha! So they practically are conversing in canto for most of the time, or listen to the canto songs haha! 有朝一日我也可以讲流利的canto啊!
Well, time passed rather fast actually coz they were so busy which made me feel guilty to stop or slack for a few moments. Then I was told to meet at Boon Keng MRT for the next few days w/o going to office at 9a.m. (usual time to report to office is 8.30a.m.), meaning I can sleep for 30 more mins!! =)
For the next few days, were more at ease with the mentors. However, come to think about it, my direct mentor (Renee) actually gave me minimal instructions to explain HOW to do particular test. I guess is she knows I’m acct intern so will know the terminologies & etc. This really makes me THINK what/why exactly I’m doing such test. Hmmm.. still not bad? Nonetheless she is rather good coz she explained to me the rationale of doing such tests etc.
Company B is much larger than Company A in terms of scale of operation coz the number of files is like soooo many! If I’m not wrong, it is a plastic manufacturer coz I see terms like “polycarbonate resin”, etc. That’s explaining why Joey finished her auditing on Thursday, leaving me and my direct mentor behind on Friday. Nonetheless, the 3 of us went back to office as the auditors need to OT in office on Wednesday, poor thing! So on that day, managed to catch WX to go home together! =)
Back to Friday, (oops), such a coincidence to see ZeLi at my client’s place after coming out from washroom! She was there for her interview. Such a coincidence again to see her again when I were waiting for cab, going back to office haha!
Next Monday, I won’t be able to go to client’s place as my mentor is on leave so meaning I’ll need to wake up earlier!
He gives enough gRace for whatever we face; 11:50:00 AM (: